At the University of Central Florida, we dream big. Founded in 1963, UCF has grown to be one of the largest universities in the nation for a very good reason: We harness the power of scale in innovative ways to transform the lives of our students and create lasting impact on the world at large
UCF Facilities Operations invites well qualified candidates to apply for the role of Superintendent, Facilities Maintenance. This position is responsible for supervising, training, planning, scheduling, and coordinating the workload for assigned employees in a timely manner to ensure safety, quality maintenance, sanitation, and proper function of all buildings, systems, equipment, and surrounding environment. This position is also a primary point of customer contact which represents the organization and is responsible to ensure customer satisfaction and communication.
Duties of this position include but are not limited too:
- Accomplishes departmental objectives by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions; recommending compensation actions; adhering to established departmental SOP's, applicable State and Federal guidelines and the unit process guide.
- Provide the team with schedules that coordinate between Superintendents, work groups or trades, vendors, customers, University of Central Florida Inspectors, State of Florida Inspectors and any other stake holders required to complete a job. Work with appropriate stakeholders to schedule utility and equipment shutdowns required to complete project. Analyze schedule status and forecast of manpower availability. Analyze and categorize work backlog by prioritizing and assigning effort required for work completion. Create custom reports by working with Engineering and report on planned work progress. Schedule includes weekly and monthly, prioritized work forecast with resource allocations. Responsible for maintaining and adhering to scheduled completion dates with a prioritized productivity level documenting any discrepancies.
- Review work packages for completeness and accuracy, including specifications, drawings, and manuals to ensure processes and services produced by the organization meet current UCF standards and adhere to the process guide, increase maintainability, and ensure compliance to enacted policies, regulations, or laws. Inspect zone work and contractor work for completeness, fulfillment of the identified scope, and general quality of workmanship while complying with the work management process through work order closure, to include validation and review for accurate data into the CMMS that are related to work status, pertinent details, costs (labor/materials), dates, time, invoices, images, actions performed to correct the issue, etc.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legal codes and regulations. Provides employees coaching & training on job assignments, standards, and customer service by demonstrating correct work procedures and SOP's. Maintains accurate record keeping on all employee documentation.
- Analyze and categorize work backlog by prioritizing and assigning effort required for work completion ensuring that all life safety and urgent work orders are responded to and resolved in an expedited manner. Provide the zone team with complete planned work packages by maintaining and entering accurate data in the CMMS related to work status, costs, dates, details, etc. Work packages include cost estimates, man-hour requirements, special skill requirements, drawings, manuals, special procedures, materials list, special tools or equipment, permit and inspection requirements, safety evaluation, and pre-job safety checklist. Work packages may include developing POs with scopes of work to be performed by contractors, complying with UCF's purchasing guidelines and working with GC Quotes when required.
- Facilitate customer work review meetings through the use of planning and scheduling documentation and progress reports. Function as liaison between customers and service providers. Provide leadership with data to improve the ratio of planned work to unplanned work.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
UCF offers competitive pay consummate with experience and a variety of employee benefits including health insurance, vision insurance, and dental insurance. Additionally, full-time employees may be allowed to enroll for up to six (6) credit hours of eligible instruction per term on a space-available basis.
For additional information, please reference the following link: https://hr.ucf.edu/prospective-employees/insurance
This is a reposted position. Previous applicants are still being considered and do not need to reapply.