At the University of Central Florida, we dream big. Founded in 1963, UCF has grown to be one of the largest universities in the nation for a very good reason: We harness the power of scale in innovative ways to transform the lives of our students and create lasting impact on the world at large.
UCF Facilities Maintenance invites well qualified individuals to apply for the role of Manager, Facilities Maintenance I. This position oversees the Facilities Operations Towers and Housing-Maintenance Zones and is responsible for supervising, training, planning, scheduling, and coordinating the workload for assigned employees in a timely manner to ensure safety, quality maintenance, sanitation, and proper function of all buildings, systems, equipment, and surrounding environment. Duties of this position include but are not limited to:
- Accomplishes departmental objectives by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining supervisors and employees; communicating job expectations, planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions, recommending compensation actions, adhering to established departmental SOP's, applicable State and Federal guidelines and the unit process guide. Responsible for ensuring provision of scheduling for safety training to zone team and for ensuring employees are working in a safe manner and receive any necessary medical attention. Report and record all accidents, injuries, and unsafe conditions.
- Ensures the processing of worker's compensation and accident claims as required. Analyzes incidents and makes recommendations for any necessary safety guidelines. Responsible for ensuring zone communication plans are in place and employee morale is high.
- Responsible for ensuring supervisors and maintenance personnel review work packages for completeness and accuracy, including specifications, drawings, and manuals to ensure processes and services produced by the organization meet current UCF standards and adhere to the process guide, increase maintainability, and ensure compliance to enacted policies, regulations, or laws. Inspect zone work and contractor work for completeness, fulfillment of the identified scope, and general quality of workmanship, while complying with the work management process through work order closure, to include validation and review for accurate data into the CMMS that are related to work status, pertinent details, costs (labor/materials), dates, time, invoices, images, actions performed to correct the issue, etc.
- Facilitate customer work review meetings through the use of planning and scheduling documentation and progress reports. Function as liaison between customers and service providers. Provide leadership with data to improve the ratio of planned work to unplanned work. Develop and recommend procedures that will improve departmental efficiency, reduce expenses, increase productivity, or ensure compliance to enacted policies, regulations, or laws. Performs and documents audits of the zone records (work orders and personnel) to ensure the employees, products, and services meet current UCF standards and adhere to the process determining root cause and implementing “lessons learned” actions for identified discrepancies with continued monitoring for overall improvement trends of the organization. Participate in long range planning and provide significant input for preparing annual budgetary guidelines.
- Responsible for ensuring supervisors and maintenance personnel analyze and categorize work backlog by prioritizing and assigning effort required for work completion ensuring that all life safety and urgent work orders are responded to and resolved in an expedited manner. Provide the zone team with complete planned work packages by maintaining and entering accurate data in the CMMS related to work status, costs, dates, details, etc. Work packages include cost estimates, man-hour requirements, special skill requirements, drawings, manuals, special procedures, materials list, special tools or equipment, permit and inspection requirements, safety evaluation, and pre-job safety checklist. Work packages may include developing POs with scopes of work to be performed by contractors, complying with UCF's purchasing guidelines, and working with GC quotes.
- Responsible for ensuring supervisors and maintenance personnel provide the zone team with schedules that coordinate between zone supervision, work groups or trades, vendors, customers, University of Central Florida Inspectors, State of Florida Inspectors, and any other stake holders required to complete a job.
- Work with appropriate stakeholders to schedule utility and equipment shutdowns required to complete projects. Analyze schedule status and forecast of manpower availability. Analyze and categorize work backlog by prioritizing and assigning effort required for work completion.
- Schedule includes weekly and monthly, prioritized work forecast with resource allocations. Responsible for maintaining and adhering to scheduled completion dates with a prioritized productivity level documenting any discrepancies.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legal codes and regulations. Provides supervisors and employees coaching & training on job assignments, standards, and customer service by demonstrating correct work procedures and SOP's.
- All other duties as assigned.
UCF offers competitive pay consummate with experience and a variety of employee benefits including health insurance, vision insurance, and dental insurance. Additionally, full-time employees may be allowed to enroll for up to six (6) credit hours of eligible instruction per term on a space-available basis.
For additional information, please reference the following link: https://hr.ucf.edu/prospective-employees/insurance/
For additional information about our department, please feel free to visit the Facilities Operations website at www.fo.ucf.edu.