The Coach Level II is a professional position that provides an enhanced level of coaching support to prospective and current UCF Online students. Coach II will deliver support for students at all program levels, and will be knowledgeable in all aspects of the student experience to include: recruitment, enrollment, coaching, student services, and retention. Working collaboratively with teams of professionals and with academic program partners, the Coach II will used enhanced coaching methodologies to develop ongoing coaching relationships with prospective and current UCF students to provide early integration, ongoing support, degree progression, and goal completion.
- Utilizes multiple methods of communication (e.g., phone, email, instant messaging, video, social networking sites) to engage with prospective and current UCF Online students to provide accurate and timely information and coaching support to students from initial enrollment through successful completion of programs, including but not limited to: recruitment, admissions, residency, orientation, new student requirements, funding resources and financial aid, program requirements, registration/enrollment, payment processes, disability resources, testing accommodations, ongoing success/retention, and graduation.
- Follows a detailed inquiry management and communication plans to ensure consistent communication with prospective and current students.
- Applies enhanced coaching methodology while performing outreach and ongoing coaching support to inquiries and current students through various modalities, such as email, phone, skype, and in-person meetings.
- Discusses and reinforces the value of coaching through ongoing student relationships.
- Maintains a case roster of students in the customer relationship management system; tracks student engagements; assists with developing and presenting reports and data.
- Reviews and assists prospective students with admissions, enrollment services, and other related documents for prospective students as they apply to the University and their program.
- Develops and implements highly proactive outreach services to current students, with particular attention to retention and student success. Provides students with holistic support by developing plans for student success and training and empowering students to understand their own degree requirements and to become advocates for themselves. Monitors student progress and performance, analyzes problem areas, determines solutions and conducts intervention activities and processes for students.
- Provides guidance to students in navigating online systems for the university, such as the undergraduate and graduate admissions applications, MyUCF (PeopleSoft), e-mail, and Canvas, among others.
- Demonstrates knowledge, skills, and abilities to function autonomously as a student coach for relevant programs and/or student populations
- Demonstrates ability to use enhanced coaching techniques and methodologies to successfully advance the students on their educational journeys
- Responsible for enhanced level information related to University, College, and Program policies and procedures, as well as enhanced information related to community resources to provide students with information and guidance, and to assist students in making informed decisions.
- Provides guidance to prospective and current students in navigating online systems for the university, such as the undergraduate and graduate admissions applications, MyUCF (PeopleSoft), e-mail, and Canvas, among others.
- Interfaces regularly with University Colleges, Departments, and Faculty, serving as liaison to prospective students to provide services with minimal transfers to other departments.
- Ensures timely turnaround of services, meeting established unit benchmarks, customer service standards, and key performance indicators, while adhering to daily productivity metrics to ensure optimal performance.
- Uses Salesforce and other relevant technology systems.
- Reports to the Directors of the UCF Online Connect Center team.
- Perform other appropriate duties as assigned by the Directors of the UCF Online Connect Center.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Call center, recruitment, and/or customer service background.
- History of using a CRM to manage student, client, or customer interactions.
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking skills and high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to work well with others and perform duties with a high degree of integrity, confidentiality, and adherence to professional ethical standards.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (e.g., MS Word and Excel) and desktop agent software (e.g., Finesse and Cisco Unified Call Center).
- Ability to work under pressure of deadlines, goals, and/or time limitations.
- Independent judgment and decision-making skills when assisting students
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, UCF encourages all qualified applicants to apply, including women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of traditionally underrepresented populations. UCF's Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at: http://www.oie.ucf.edu/documents/PresidentsStatement.pdf. As a Florida public university, UCF makes all application materials and selection procedures available to the public upon request.