The Institute for Simulation and Training (IST) at the University of Central Florida (UCF) invites applications for the position of assistant in simulation. Our research focus is on simulation and training technologies, with a specific need for expertise in artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML).
The selected candidate for this position will have the following duties and responsibilities:
· Both under direction of the principal investigator (PI) and independently they will research existing algorithms and processes for implementing AI software to perform machine learning (ML) functions relevant to the research goals.
· Code the above software to execute the defined algorithms and processes using applications such as:
o Tensor Flow;
o Game engine AI API’s including Unity, Unreal;
o Convolutional neural networks;
o Advanced software development in C/C++/Java/Sketch/Python;
o Compilers/interpreters including Visual Studio, GCC, CLANG;
o Cross compiler operation for L4T and Jetpack.
· Work cooperatively with other software and AI application engineers to achieve research goals.
· Contribute to writing and publishing reports and papers on modern cutting-edge AI ML topics through literature searches and summarizing in-house research.
· Support other research and software development efforts as defined by the project PI.