Performs tasks related to the educational, interactive, and healthcare technology equipment throughout the entire College of Medicine and remote sites. Will serve as primary Crestron Programmer and programmer for other devices used in technology spaces. Creates computer-aided-designs(CAD) for all projects. Performs Lead Technician duties during installations and commission systems upon completion. Coordinates with network services and configures network connected equipment. Handles reported issues.
System Design and Maintenance:
- Primary Programmer and designer for all Crestron systems as well as other hardware including audio and video switches and processors at the College of Medicine.
- Responsible for monitoring, troubleshooting, and diagnosing systems remotely and on-site using software and hardware tools and maintaining operations of educational, interactive, and healthcare technology systems.
- Responds to collaborative and interactive technology trouble calls and tickets originating from within the COM including MedEd, Research, and Patient Care. Resolves problems, operational errors, hardware failures, and other technological issues. Tracks issues and fix actions using Service Now ticketing system.
- Reviews all new, upgrade, or replacement interactive and collaborative technology intended for COM.
- Assists with the development of bids for equipment purchases.
- Responsible for reviewing CAD documents from within UCF or any of its construction partners including architects and UCF Facilities to provide feedback so that the proposed technology integration is ensured a success and meets the needs of the customers.
- Primary CAD operator for Systems Engineering creating and maintaining AS-BUILT drawings of existing systems and BUILD-AS drawings of proposed systems for all the interactive technology used at COM. Drawings must follow standard construction plan formats and meet guidelines provided by AVIXIA.
Meeting and Live Event Support:
- Supports major events for the COM including live video/audio production, web streaming, and image magnification. Performs setup, support, and strike-down duties for the events. Provides engineering support for events.
- Supports requests for classroom and conference room assistance from presentation assistance to video conferencing setups.
- Assists with computer maintenance for devices in presentation areas. Performs computer imaging, updates software, and assembles computers within the department.
System Integration and Construction:
- Serves as Lead Technician during installations and oversees another technicians work. While leading the project, this position will also perform installations of educational, interactive, and healthcare technology. This position is responsible for the success of the technology deployment from inception to completion including infrastructure wiring, rack build-outs, display installation, and any other duties related to the install.
- Configures and deploys LAN equipment intended to support interactive technology including switches, firewalls, and routers which follow UCF guidelines to allow for UCF interconnection.
- Works closely with COM Infrastructure Systems Team and UCF IT to coordinate and confirm networking configurations, port assignments, and VLAN requirements for collaborative and interactive technology systems used at COM.
- Participates in verifying and testing the compliance and performance of vendor integrated systems with performance specifications and facilities guidelines for the COM and UCF.
- Coordinates both UCF and independent contractors to manage construction, installation, and maintenance of all educational technologies for all College of Medicine spaces.
- Serves as Systems Engineering liaison for technology and infrastructure vendors. Follows vendor repairs from notification to completion. Maintains a database of warranties, vendor contacts, and vendor repairs.
Knowledge Management and Administration:
- Responsible for maintaining a comprehensive and up-to-date set of Crestron programs, including development, current, and archived. Additionally, this position is responsible for ensuring the program set is available on a designated shared site for Systems Engineering.
Training and Customer Outreach:
- Works with the College's departments and units to build awareness and a sense of common purpose around Interactive and collaborative technologies. Interfaces, educates and provides consultative services with faculty, staff, students, and general public as necessary to understand the needs of interactive and collaborative technology.
- Assists in the performing of audio, video, and multimedia training sessions for COM personnel as needed.
Other Duties as Assigned:
- Contributes to the overall success of the College by performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned to include but not limited to required training by the University and COM.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, UCF encourages all qualified applicants to apply, including women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of traditionally underrepresented populations. UCF's Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at: http://www.oie.ucf.edu/documents/PresidentsStatement.pdf. As a Florida public university, UCF makes all application materials and selection procedures available to the public upon request.