The University of Central Florida (UCF) is located in Orlando, Florida. UCF employees are part of a metropolitan research campus dedicated to pushing the frontiers of knowledge across disciplines. The Office of Experiential Learning (OEL), in the Division of Student Learning and Academic Success, promotes and instructs applied learning courses for students, supports quality experiential learning course development among faculty, and assists employers to meet their workforce development needs. Each year, over 20,000 UCF students participate in experiential learning courses including Cooperative Education (co-op), internships, and service-learning. OEL is seeking a director of Experiential Learning to join us.
The director manages the Experiential Learning office which will include but is not limited to:
• Setting goals and objectives and priorities in alignment with the division’s mission and vision to further advance high impact learning experiences for UCF students.
• Plans and develops new or enhanced programs for the delivery of services such as internships, cooperative education, and service-learning opportunities for students.
• Measures effectiveness and quality of operations.
• Works with deans and faculty to capitalize on opportunities that increase their involvement in OEL programs to benefit students and strengthen the working relationships between employers and the departments, colleges, and university.
• Grows partnerships and collaborations off-campus with industry and community organizations.
• Supervises staff.
• Recruits, screens, hires, orients and trains staff.
• Evaluates employee performance and provides guidance and feedback to assigned staff.
• Plans activities and events that actively engage students with local and national employers.
• Plans and delivers presentations, schedules site visits, plans communication efforts, and develops publications to support marketing efforts.
• Provides professional guidance to faculty advisors and assists them in problem resolution as needed.
• Oversees the development of workshops and seminars covering relevant topics.
• Communicates with company representatives to understand and translate industry opportunities and needs into successful placements for students.
• Maintains current knowledge of trends in the field.
• Uses technology to streamline and strengthen the student experience.
• Administers the OEL budget and develops grants.
• Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
The university reserves the right to add or change duties at any time. The director reports to the vice provost for Student Learning and Academic Success and dean of the College of Undergraduate Studies. For more details about the office and UCF, please go to http://www.ucf.edu or http://www.explearning.ucf.edu.