The University of Central Florida (UCF) is located in Orlando, Florida. UCF employees are part of a metropolitan research campus dedicated to pushing the frontiers of knowledge across disciplines. The UCF Abroad Office, in the Division of Student Learning and Academic Success, promotes international education, instructs applied learning courses for students, and supports quality international curriculum integration among faculty. UCF Abroad is seeking a visiting instructional specialist (renewable up to four years) to join us.
The visiting instructional specialist is a 12-month position responsible for assisting in the development of curriculum and developing courses and workshops for international education. The selected candidate will be expected to:
• Develop and deliver training for faculty and departments.
• Train faculty on the development of study abroad programs.
• Collaborate with faculty, academic colleges, and departments in the development of new study abroad programs.
• Work with UCF Abroad director to support deans and faculty to capitalize on opportunities that increase their involvement in UCF Abroad programs to benefit students and strengthen the working relationships with the departments, colleges, and university.
• Train college advisors on advising students about study abroad.
• Provide professional guidance to faculty advisors and assist them in problem resolution as needed.
• Develop and conduct workshops, presentations and other program related events for study abroad.
• Register, oversee, guide, and grade assignments and attainment of learning objectives in appropriate study abroad courses.
• Participate in grant writing teams or special projects where international education is a component of the proposal or activity.
• Assist with the compilation of assessments on special programs and issue recommendations for program improvement.
• Plan and develop new or enhanced programs for the delivery of services.
• Measure effectiveness and quality of programs and operations.
• Assist with UCF Abroad crisis management liaison.
• Market and promote the programs within study abroad to all constituents.
• Maintain current knowledge of trends in the field.
• Use technology to streamline and strengthen the student experience.
• Assist in fundraising for scholarships.
• Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
The university reserves the right to add or change duties at any time. The visiting instructional specialist reports to the director of UCF Abroad. For more details about the office and UCF, please go to www.ucf.edu or www.studyabroad.ucf.edu.