Responsible for the residential education of students living in assigned area of responsibility through the supervision, selection, training, and evaluation of graduate students, resident assistants, office staff, and residence hall and apartment patrol and the implementation of the departmental residential curriculum
- Management of community office. This position must live in a University housing owned or affiliated assigned facility.
- Facilitate student learning through implementing the departmental residential curriculum and advise student leadership organizations in assigned area of responsibility.
- Supervise, select, train, and evaluate graduate students, resident assistants, full time office staff, residence hall and apartment patrol and assist with the human resource administration process, including time card submission, hiring/termination paperwork, employee discipline for student staff.
- Manage assigned community, including oversight of office staff, manuals, policies, processes and budgets. Provide written monthly/yearly reports of student learning, assessment, programs, activities, student conduct and care concerns.
- Assist in the management of the university student conduct process by implementing and enforcing all University and departmental rules, regulations, and/or policies and support residential students in solving problems and provide referrals to campus and community resources as needed.
- Participate in professional staff on call duty coverage to respond to campus incidents and student crisis situations.
- Monitor and communicate concerns related to facilities, including safety and security, housekeeping services, facilities and maintenance, and keys.
- Facilitate and/or serve on departmental committees and represent the department on University committees and/or programs as appropriate.
- Provide guidance and support for internal and external partnerships including but not limited to living learning communities, UCF Global, UCF Athletic Association, and P3s in assigned area of responsibility.
- Assist in the coordination of move-in/move-out for incoming/outgoing and corresponding assignment processes/student records.
- Serve as essential personnel for departmental and university emergencies.
- Perform other appropriate duties as assigned by the assistant/associate director of housing and residence life and/or designee.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, UCF encourages all qualified applicants to apply, including women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of traditionally underrepresented populations. UCF's Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at: http://www.oie.ucf.edu/documents/PresidentsStatement.pdf. As a Florida public university, UCF makes all application materials and selection procedures available to the public upon request.