At the University of Central Florida, we dream big. Founded in 1963, UCF has grown to be one of the largest universities in the nation for a very good reason: We harness the power of scale in innovative ways to transform the lives of our students and create lasting impact on the world at large.
The Facilities Operations Department is seeking a well qualified candidate to fill a Custodial Specialist I position.The functions performed in this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Clean & Stock restroom (or other common use) facilities according to standard including sinks, showers/tub, toilets, stalls, receptacles, mirrors, etc. Knowledge in industry sanitation practices and chemicals.
- Vacuum carpeted areas, including moving/replacing furniture and spot cleaning as needed.
- Sweep, Dry/Wet mop floors, stairwells, entries, etc.
- Waste Removal, including trash and recycling.
- Surface Cleaning including but not limited to dusting, wiping, scrubbing of furniture, walls, equipment, kitchen appliances, etc.
- Shampoo/Extract Carpeted areas and/or upholstery.
- Refinish flooring through stripping, waxing, and buffing. (including tile, vct, etc)
- Window/Entry cleaning and high dusting of ceilings/vents, including the removal of cobwebs.
- Assist with inventory control and security. (Maintain closets in an organized fashion).
- Support all university, local, state, and federal guidelines, regulations, and policies, etc.
- Keep time and job records of assigned work using electronic CMMS equipment.
- Participate in all required safety classes.
- Collaboration with other campus departments.
- Report any deficiencies such as maintenance, health, and sanitation.
- May be asked to assist other Facilities Operations areas in times of personnel shortages and emergencies and/or perform all other duties as required or assigned.
- Performs other duties assigned.
UCF offers competitive pay consummate with experience and a variety of employee benefits including health insurance, vision insurance, and dental insurance. Additionally, full-time employees may be allowed to enroll for up to six (6) credit hours of eligible instruction per term on a space-available basis.
For additional information, please reference the following link: https://hr.ucf.edu/prospective-employees/insurance/
For additional information about our department, please feel free to visit the Facilities Operations website at www.fo.ucf.edu.
- Able to understand and follow written/oral instructions.
- Able to communicate in order to work effectively with customers and team members, operate electronic equipment (ipod touch for AiM PM checkpoints), comprehend standard safety procedures and utilize telecommunication devices.
- Able to operate a vehicle as necessary.
- Able to operate essential tools and equipment.
- Adaptable in assignments.
- Demonstrate capabilities in the following: interpersonal skills, memory, attention to detail, calculation, reading, evaluating, comprehension, and organizing.
- Ability to utilize standard office software applications for work order systems. (CMMS)
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Position requires a valid Class E driver’s license (regular license). The position may involve driving to various locations on and off campus to conduct University business.
If you are selected as the final candidate for an employment opportunity here at UCF, both your position and salary will be significantly based upon the information that you have provided in your application for employment. If certain eligibility criteria are met, the department may grant an above base offer. We urge you to please take the time to complete the application in its entirety.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, UCF encourages all qualified applicants to apply, including women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of traditionally underrepresented populations. UCF's Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at: http://www.oie.ucf.edu/documents/PresidentsStatement.pdf. As a Florida public university, UCF makes all application materials and selection procedures available to the public upon request.