The University of Central Florida (UCF) College of Medicine (COM) is accepting applicants for the next senior associate dean or associate dean for Academic Affairs (SADAA/ADAA). This tenure-eligible position reports directly to the vice president for UCF Health Affairs and dean, College of Medicine, and has authority and responsibility for the M.D. program of the college. The successful candidate will have at least five years of direct experience with undergraduate (M.D.) medical education, including at least four years of education administrative experience (may include module, clerkship, residency program or equivalent), demonstrated leadership skills, and knowledge of contemporary pedagogical issues involving medical education. The applicant should have experience in curriculum development, assessment, evaluation, and improvement with focus on improving measurable student outcomes, an understanding of medical school accreditation, and the ability to champion education and innovation in an atmosphere of inclusion and equity. The applicant should have clinical training site and resource management experience. In order to be eligible for appointment as a tenured associate professor of medicine or professor of medicine upon hire, candidates must have a demonstrated record of scholarly achievement, teaching experience, and service commensurate with rank.
UCF COM has 120 medical students per class, more than 3,000 undergraduate and graduate students, and works with HCA Healthcare to sponsor 28 residency and fellowship programs. As part of the senior leadership team, the SADAA/ADAA will work to advance all missions of the college (clinical, research, education, and community) to build a strong, dynamic, and innovative student-centered organization with a culture of excellence, inclusion, collaboration, and integrity. Curriculum transformation and future academic medical center growth are exciting opportunities for the selected candidate. The SADAA/ADAA will work with the dean and leadership to build and enhance partnerships with area hospitals and health care providers to advance the education mission. The selected candidate will work in partnership with the associate dean for Research, the associate dean for Student Affairs, and the associate dean for Clinical Affairs to advance all missions for the college in an integrated and inclusive manner. This position is also responsible for ensuring ongoing compliance with accreditation requirements, in partnership with the assistant dean for Planning and Knowledge Management. There are assistant deans and staff who report to this position.
In addition, the SADAA/ADAA will also:
• Be responsible for ongoing management of the M.D. program including deployment, management, resourcing, reviewing, evaluating, and updating the medical education curriculum.
• Provide reports to the VP/Dean including, but not limited to, those needed for M.D. program evaluation and accreditation, monitoring, and evaluation of programs/services.
• Collaborate with module and clerkship directors, faculty, and deans to lead and evaluate modifications to the curriculum, maintaining consistency throughout with the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) accreditation standards.
• Provide mentoring, training, and support for other faculty to improve instruction across the curriculum.
• Work with legal counsel in establishing and maintaining affiliation agreements for clinical training sites.
• Participate in scholarly, teaching, or clinical activities in addition to Academic Affairs role.
• Promote the mission of COM to the faculty, staff, students, and community at large.
ABMS board certification and medical licensure is strongly preferred.
Superior interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to collaborate and partner within the university and medical community.
Proven ability to unite groups to a common cause.
Medical education scholarship at national level.
Qualification for appointment as professor of medicine within the UCF COM.
Have a demonstrated record of scholarly achievement, teaching experience, and service commensurate with a tenured associate professor of medicine or professor of medicine within UCF COM.
Additional Application Materials Required:
The search committee invites letters of nomination and applications (letter of interest, full CV, and contact information of at least five professional references) to be submitted to the search firm assisting UCF.
Review of materials will begin immediately and continue until the appointment is made. For full consideration, it is preferred that all materials are received prior to April 14, 2021. For additional information, please contact:
Parker Executive Search
Jacob Anderson, Principal
(770) 804-1996 x 111