The Manager, Telecom Engineering provides direct supervision of a UCF IT Telecommunications Installation Maintenance & Repair employees functions, projects, and financial requirements. This includes the design, purchase, installation, and support of physical layer Telecommunications systems. Supervisory responsibilities include sub group administration such as Human Resource actions, capacity and resource management, ticket/work order management, change control, and various levels of documentation. Additional job duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Provides guidance and direction for all aspects of physical layer design, installation and troubleshooting for the University's enterprise Telecommunications systems. Must be able to solve complex issues through physical and
logical investigation. Decision making includes financial impact to the department and university.
- Ability to instruct and direct those employees who design, document, estimate, for the Installation, Maintenance and Repair team members. Will assist other team members with tickets, projects, documentation and escalation (if required).
- Ability to instruct and direct others to work within a Telecom Enterprise Management software application (Service Now and Pinnacle) to receive, document, respond and record various trouble tickets and service requests.
- Ability to instruct and direct others who design, document, estimate, configure and install complex physical structured cabling topologies. Ability to complete tasks on OSP fiber/Copper, Duct bank, networking/AV/Access control cabling.
- Works directly with the UCF IT Telecommunications warehouse manager, disrupter's and manufacture representatives for current and future product offerings, pricing, technical requirements and rebates.
- Directs all IMR project managers and works in conjunction with UCF IT Project management office to track project schedules, budgets, risks, resource requirements, customer interactions, etc.
- Ensures staff are utilizing various forms of software to effectively monitor overall emergency system health and uptime. Based on system information provides status reports and required action for restoration. Promotes the use
of automated processes to reduce employee overhead for daily tasks.
- Follows Standard Operating Procedures as determined by the specific subgroup within the department. This includes work-order/ ticket flows, documentation, outage communication and customer interactions.
- Attends various seminars, training and conferences related to current or emerging technology. Will be given various opportunities to obtain certifications based on specific training.
- Other duties as assigned, which may include temporary supervisory role for the sub unit within the department.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
The University of Central Florida is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. UCF's Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at: http://www.oie.ucf.edu/documents/PresidentsStatement.pdf. As a Florida public university, UCF makes all application materials and selection procedures available to the public upon request. The UCF's affirmative action plans for qualified individuals with disabilities and protected Veterans are available for inspection in the Office for Institutional Equity, Monday through Friday, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., upon request.